Lawyers are constantly fighting to gain more clients. Competition is fierce, and the market is crowded with new players. For law firms in this position, it can be difficult to find a way to stand out from the competition and obtain more leads. Here are 5 marketing strategies that could help drive leads for your law firm:
- Create a clear and concise marketing message to attract the right clients
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly – people are using their phones more than computers these days
- Build up your social media following in order to get more likes, shares, and followers
- Spend time or money executing proven SEO tactics so that you can rank higher in Google searches over time
- Use personalized content to engage with potential customers on a personal level
Let’s discuss how to execute each of these 5 strategies.
1. How to create a clear and concise marketing message for your law firm
You want your message to be clear and concise. It needs to be conveyed in such a way so that the potential client knows what you do, how you can help them, and why they should hire you (as opposed to anyone else).
Think about how you would answer the question “Why Choose You?”
Many law firms today think they have a clear marketing message. They tout that they are “the best” at what they do, or that they offer “exceptional client service,” or even more generic terms like “excellent legal services.” But it boils down to this: if your potential lead is comparing your law firm’s website with 1 or 2 of your competitors, are you defining what makes you truly unique compared to everyone else? How are you standing out in the crowd?
One of the principal reasons firms hire law firm marketing consultants is because they don’t think their website conveys to a potential client what makes them special, and why the client should choose them over one of their competitors. One of the first questions I ask is this: what is your unique value proposition you offer clients. Put yourself in their shoes.
2. How to make your law firm website mobile friendly
According to a recent MarketingSherpa article , the majority of search users now use mobile devices when searching for, researching and engaging with brands online.
More importantly than a user’s experience on mobile, Google’s algorithm updates in 2021 have focused on something called Core Web Vitals.
What is Core Web Vitals and how does if affect a law firm’s website and SEO?
Core Web Vitals is a set of performance indicators that the Google Search Quality Raters Guidelines uses to determine whether or not your website meets their guidelines.
These core items are:
- Indexed pages
- Mobile Responsiveness
If any of these three things are out of whack, it can lead to a lower search engine ranking. Especially related to mobile responsiveness.
3. How to get more followers for your law firm on Social Media platforms:
First, understand the goal of getting more follows.
Do you want it to lead to more clients? Do you just want to increase brand awareness and get new followers because they like the content you’re putting out on social media?
3 strategies to generate more followers for your law firm on Facebook include:
- Using curated content to attract people in the industry who are interested in learning more about what your firm has to offer.
- Engaging and interacting with a diverse audience on Facebook through posts that have been proven to get comments, likes, shares and awards.
- Leveraging local events happening
3 strategies to generate more followers for your law firm on Instagram include:
- Using your Instagram feed to curate content based on local events and hashtags that will help you get new followers.
- Using a variety of visual posts including professional photos, takeovers, lifestyle shots and behind the scenes at your firm. Engaging with other users in the legal industry through comments, likes and @mentions.
- Giving away practical legal advice when your potential clients find themselves in a circumstance that would require a lawyer.
4. SEO tactics help law firm websites rank higher in Google search results
SEO can have a major impact on your law firm’s overall website traffic and lead generation. From SEO to content marketing, these are the best tactics for enhancing your online visibility:
- Optimize your law firm’s Google My Business page with accurate information including business hours, address and photos. Make sure you also verify that the information is accurate through the Google My
- To get your law firm’s website on page 1 of Google search results, use the right keywords in your content. Keywords help Google understand what your site is about and rank it accordingly. The recommended key phrases include: “[your city] [practice area] attorney”. For example” Denver Car Accident Attorney, Houston Divorce Lawyer, or Personal Injury Lawyer near me.
- Make sure you have business directories or local sites claimed and linking to your law firm such as Yelp and BBB (better business bureau).
- Get more Backlinks. What are backlinks for law firms? They are links from another website linking to yours that explain why you are the best lawyer for a particular keyword. Backlinks come in two different types, do-follow and no-follow.
Do-Follow backlinks: Links that pass page authority (page rank) to your site are known as do-follow backlinks. These are the preferred type of link.
No-Follow backlinks: Links that do not pass page authority to your site. These are mostly links from comment sections and forums and other sites that won’t change rankings of your website. If you want to get more backlinks, there are some great tools out their such as ahrefs, Majestic SEO, and SEMrush (our team uses SEMrush).
5. Use personalized content to engage with potential law firm clients on an emotional level
The heart of any successful content marketing campaign is the ability to relate your law firm to your target audience. In our case, this means creating content that will appeal to potential law firm clients. One way we can do this is by creating content that focuses on specific pain points.
In order to truly write great law firm website content that speaks to your clients and shows up in search, think about the most frequently asked questions your clients come to you with. What types of things do they usually discuss over the phone or email? Use this information to create specific content pieces that will resonate with your core audience.
By honing in on what topics are most important to your clients, they will view you as a trusted valuable resource that will lead to more web traffic conversions, referrals, and higher retainers or hourly rates.
If you’re a law firm looking to find new leads, it can be difficult to do so if your competitors are all doing the same thing. However, these 5 marketing strategies could help set your business apart from the pack and get more clients for your firm. With the number of marketing channels available to law firms, there are many ways you can get your firm’s name out there. Which of these have worked best for your company? What success stories do you have when it comes to driving leads from a particular tactic?